Marfa Contemporary's Artist Association
NPR has called Marfa, Texas, the “arts’ world station of the cross.” The New York Times named it one of the 52 Places to Visit in 2016. Huffington Post says it’s one of the 30 Places to See Before You’re 30.
The arts and culture hub has been featured in Vanity Fair, GQ, Travel and Leisure, the Los Angeles Times, Town and Country, Hyperallergic, the Guardian and the New Republic. It’s the subject of literally thousands of travel guides, Instagram posts and must-see lists. A Google search finds more than 10 million results.
Tens of thousands of visitors come to bask in the reflected glow of Donald Judd, Chinati and the ghosts of the movie Giant. Artists come for inspiration, community and contemplation. Residents balance the influx of tourists and the hot glare of the art-world focus with the day-to-day duties of small-town life. It’s a crossroads like no other.
Marfa Contemporary offers artists worldwide a unique opportunity: Become a member of Marfa Collective, Marfa Contemporary’s artist association, to support arts and arts education in this “unlikely art oasis.” In addition to the benefits of individual membership, Marfa Collective members are encouraged to apply for admission into an exclusive group exhibition in the Marfa Contemporary gallery.
Membership details and information on the Marfa Collective is below: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fully tax deductible
- Benefits of Individual Membership in Marfa Contemporary plus
- Invitations to special artist development programs
- Opportunity to exhibit in the gallery in our Marfa Collective show beginning in 2017
- Fully tax deductible
- Benefits of Individual Membership and Basic Artist Membership plus
- Chance to win “Best in Show” and be selected as the artist of the month in the gallery gift shop
- Image and link on Marfa Contemporary’s website
Terms and Conditions for Marfa Collective show:
- The show is open to current Basic and Premium members of Marfa Collective, at least 18 years old. One entry per membership.
- A collection of approximately 80 works from all entries received will be chosen for the show by a juried selection committee. If your work is not chosen for one year, you are eligible to renew your membership to submit work for the following year.
- Work must be properly framed (if applicable) and ready to hang.
- Marfa Contemporary receives a 35 percent commission on artwork sold. Artist’s 65 percent share will be paid to artist within one month of close of exhibition.
- Size of the work must not exceed 30 inches in any direction. Sculpture limited to 50 pounds in weight.
- Work must not have been previously exhibited at Marfa Contemporary.
- ALL work is subject to approval and will be displayed at the discretion of the artistic director and director of Marfa Contemporary. T
- The artist must arrange delivery and collection of artwork within designated times. Any work not collected after 30 days will become the property of Marfa Contemporary to donate at its own discretion.